71. Guidance counsellors who undertake, participate or collaborate in research involving persons must ensure that the project has been approved by a recognized research ethics committee. To that end, guidance counsellors must refer to and comply with the methodology approved by the committee, in particular to
(1) inform each of the research subjects or representative of the project’s objectives and the manner in which it will be conducted and the advantages, risks or disadvantages related to the person’s participation;
(2) obtain free and enlightened consent;
(3) inform the research subject or representative that the consent is revocable at any time; and
(4) ensure measures for the protection of the confidentiality of the information collected as part of the research project.