4. The foundation of the profession of occupational therapist is based on the following values and ethical principles, in particular:
(1) respect for the person and for that person’s values and right to decide for themselves;
(2) protection and enhancement of the person’s health and quality of life, especially by enabling occupation;
(3) occupational participation and justice, both as an individual and as part of a group;
(4) integrity, independence, objectivity, skill and rigour;
(5) honesty, accountability and transparency;
(6) respect for the confidentiality of personal information;
(7) respect for the honour and dignity of the profession.