43. It is prohibited to travel in the tunnel segment of the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine bridge-tunnel, the Ville-Marie and Viger tunnels in Montréal, the tunnel segment of the Joseph-Samson bridge-tunnel in Québec City and the Melocheville tunnel in Ville de Beauharnois.
(1) with a road vehicle on which placards must be displayed in accordance with Part 4 of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations unless it is carrying only Class 9 dangerous substances;
(2) with a road vehicle or combination of road vehicles transporting a Class 3 flammable liquid if the total capacity of the means of containment exceeds 30 litres;
(3) with a road vehicle or combination of road vehicles transporting or using Class 2.1, 2.3 (2.1), 2.2 (5.1) and 2.3 (5.1) gas cylinders oxidizing gas, unless these substances are contained in at most 2 cylinders with a capacity of 46 litres or less each; or
(4) with a road vehicle equipped with working equipment that produces a naked flame or that contains incandescent solid fuel.
The first paragraph does not apply
(1) when the fuel is used for the propulsion of the vehicle and is contained in one or more tanks designed for that purpose by the vehicle manufacturer or complying with the Regulation respecting safety standards for road vehicles (chapter C-24.2, r. 32);
(2) when the flammable liquid is used for the air conditioning of the vehicle or the load space and is contained in a single tank designed for that purpose by the air conditioning manufacturer the capacity of which does not exceed 450 litres;
(3) when the flammable liquid is intended for the operation of equipment permanently screwed or bolted to the vehicle if the total capacity of all the equipment’s tanks does not exceed 75 litres;
(4) to emergency vehicles within the meaning of section 4 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2);
(5) to cranes equipped with a second diesel fuel tank (UN1202) of a capacity not exceeding 450 litres and installed by the crane manufacturer;
(6) to maintenance road vehicles or equipment used inside tunnels or at the entrances to and exits from the tunnels; and
(7) when the flammable liquid is used to supply a road vehicle or equipment referred to in subparagraph 6 of that section and is contained in means of containment whose total capacity does not exceed 1,000 litres.