33. Epilepsy, if less than 6 months have elapsed since the last seizure, is essentially inconsistent with driving a road vehicle of Class 5, Class 6 or Class 8, unless the affected person
(1) has had focal seizures, excluding partial complex and partial simple seizures with adverse symptoms, limited to one anatomical area, without perturbing the person’s state of consciousness and where a period of not less than 12 months has elapsed without any other type of seizure,
(2) has had one or more seizures resulting from an interruption or change in the treatment for epilepsy prescribed by a physician or a specialized nurse practitioner while epilepsy was well controlled, where a period of not less than 3 months has elapsed since the last seizure and treatment has resumed;
(3) has had one or more seizures in a brief period of time, due to exceptional circumstances or an intercurrent disease whose cause has been clearly established, which are unlikely to recur in a person who is usually well controlled and closely follows the treatment, and where a period of not less than 3 months has elapsed since the last seizure; or
(4) has had seizures occurring while sleeping or shortly after waking up and a period of not less than 12 months has elapsed without any other type of seizure.