13.2. As part of the Programme enrichi d’accès à la conduite de véhicules lourds described in section 13.3, the holder of a class 1, 2 or 3 learner’s licence may, without being accompanied, drive a road vehicle appropriate to the class of his licence, if
(1) he has with him the class 5 probationary licence of which he is the holder; and
(2) he has with him the attestation issued by the Société in accordance with the second paragraph.
The Société issues an attestation to the holder of a class 1, 2 or 3 learner’s licence where
(1) he is enrolled in the Programme enrichi d’accès à la conduite de véhicules lourds;
(2) he has successfully completed all the stages prior to going on the road without assistance of the Programme enrichi d’accès à la conduite de véhicules lourds;
(3) he undergoes a training period as a learner driver in an enterprise that entered into an agreement with a driving school that offers the Programme enrichi d’accès à la conduite de véhicules lourds and that is registered in the Registre des propriétaires et des exploitants de véhicules lourds with a ‟satisfactory” safety rating under the Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles (chapter P-30.3);
(4) he is 18 years of age or older; and
(5) he has passed the proficiency examinations of the Société.
The attestation is valid from the date of issue and remains valid for as long as the conditions provided for in subparagraphs 1 and 3 of the second paragraph are met.
The holder of a learner’s licence who drives a road vehicle in accordance to this section may only engage in transportation as part of a training period in an enterprise identified on the attestation issued by the Société and only use a vehicle owned by that enterprise. In addition, he may not engage in any of the following transportations: (1) transportations involving dangerous substances as defined in the Transportation of Dangerous Substances Regulation (chapter C-24.2, r. 43), when safety placards must be displayed on the road vehicle he drives in accordance with Division IV of that Regulation; (2) transportations of a vehicle requiring the issue of a permit provided for in the Regulation respecting special permits (chapter C-24.2, r. 35), the Special Road Train Operating Permits Regulation (chapter C-24.2, r. 36) or section 633 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2);
(3) transportations outside the territory of Québec.
1208-2020O.C. 1208-2020, s. 11.