31. At the beginning of each day, an operator shall require that a driver enters and the driver shall enter the following information in the daily log:
(1) the date;
(2) the driver’s name and, if the driver is a member of a team of drivers, the names of the co-drivers;
(3) the time when the day begins if different than midnight;
(4) the cycle followed by the driver;
(5) the number of the registration plate of the motor vehicle or the unit number entered on the registration certificate;
(6) the odometer reading of each of the motor vehicles operated by the driver;
(7) the name of the operator and the addresses of the home terminal and the establishment of the operator by whom the driver is employed or otherwise engaged;
(8) in the “Remarks” section of the daily log, if the driver was not required to keep a daily log immediately before the beginning of the day, the number of hours of rest and hours of service that were accumulated by the driver during each day without that requirement during the 14 days before the beginning of the day; and
(9) if applicable, in the “Remarks” section of the daily log, the reasons for any excess hours or deferral of hours of rest in accordance with this Regulation.
The driver must also enter during the day
(1) the name and the addresses of the home terminal and the establishment of any other operator by whom the driver is employed or otherwise engaged; and
(2) the information required by subparagraphs 5 and 6 of the first paragraph concerning any other motor vehicle used.