2. An owner-builder is exempt from the application of the following provisions of Chapter IV of the Act: (1) subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph of section 58 as regards proof of knowledge or experience relevant to managing a building undertaking and section 52 to the extent that that provision renders that condition applicable, but only with respect to the examination of knowledge in administration under section 21 of the Regulation respecting the professional qualification of building contractors and owner-builders (chapter B-1.1, r. 9).
A specialized owner-builder is also exempt from the examination of knowledge in project and site management under section 23 of that Regulation;
(2) section 52 to the extent that that provision renders applicable the conditions prescribed by subparagraph 5 of the first paragraph of section 58;
(3) subparagraphs 2 and 5 of the first paragraph of section 58;
(4) the first paragraph of section 59;
(5) subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph of section 60;
(6) subparagraphs 1 and 2 of the first paragraph of section 61;
(7) subparagraphs 5 and 6 of the first paragraph of section 70; and
(8) paragraphs 1, 3 and 4 of section 71.