31. A student who is deemed to receive a contribution from his or her parents or sponsor is deemed to reside with his or her parents or sponsor if the student also
(1) attends an educational institution or is serving a training period in the municipality in which his or her parents or sponsor have their place of residence; or
(2) attends an educational institution or is serving a training period in an area served by a regional or municipal public transit service linking the area with the residence of the student’s parents or sponsor.
Despite the first paragraph, a student is not deemed to reside with his or her parents or sponsor if
(1) the student meets any of the conditions in subparagraphs 1 to 4 of the first paragraph of section 4 of the Act respecting financial assistance for education expenses (chapter A-13.3);
(2) the student is the subject of a decision or placement order that does not provide for payment of support for the student, except where the decision or placement order is made in a matter of adoption;
(3) custody of the student is entrusted to a tutor;
(4) the student had to leave the residence of his or her parents or sponsor for serious reasons such as the student’s health or safety; or
(5) the student’s parents or sponsor are sheltered in a reception centre, health or social services institution or other place where the student cannot reside.