21. Despite the second paragraph of section 20, an adult resides in Québec even if the adult must be temporarily absent
(1) to receive treatment required by the adult’s physical or mental condition, on the written recommendation of a physician entered on the roll of the Ordre des médecins du Québec, for the duration indicated by the physician;
(2) to accompany, for a period of not more than 6 months, the person who provides the adult with the constant care required by the adult’s physical or mental condition;
(3) to participate in an employment-assistance measure or program; or
(4) to carry out remunerated work if the adult is a member of a family residing in Québec or has a spouse residing in Québec.