1. The fee for the registration of a right whose ultimate effective date of registration is required, by law, to be specified in the application is
(1) $30.25 for one year or less of registration;
(2) $33.25 for more than one year and up to two years of registration;
(3) $36.25 for more than two years and up to three years of registration;
(4) $39.25 for more than three years and up to four years of registration; and
(5) $42.25 for more than four years of registration.
The fees for the renewal of the registration of a right are the same as above. However, if the application is for the renewal of the registration of two or more rights, the applicable fee is increased by $3 per year or fraction of a year, up to a maximum of five years of registration, multiplied by the number of additional registrations listed by number under the heading “Reference to registration in the register of personal and movable real rights” on the form.
2. The fee for the registration of a right whose ultimate effective date of registration is not required by law to be specified in the application, or for the registration of a correction in an entry, is $42.50 per application.
3. The fee for the registration of an address or of a change in the beneficiary’s name, address or fax number is $42.50 per application.
4. The fees payable under sections 1 to 3 are reduced by $8 per application if filed electronically.
5. Despite sections 1 and 2, no fee is payable to register
(1) a judgment notified by the court clerk under article 817.2 of the Code of Civil Procedure (chapter C-25);
(2) a marriage contract under article 442 of the Civil Code;
(3) a correction with regard to the rights referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2; or
(4) a cancellation or reduction of a registration.
6. The fee for a statement of a particular entry, certified by the registrar and issued in accordance with article 3019 of the Civil Code, is $5.05.
7. The fee for a statement of rights entered in the register, certified by the registrar, is
(1) $12.20 per name for a given date of birth if the statement is made under the name of a natural person;
(2) $12.20 per name if the statement is made under a name other than that of a natural person; and
(3) $12.20 per identification number if the statement is made under the identification number of a road vehicle.
8. The fee for the issue by the registrar of a copy or extract from an application for registration or a memorial of presentation is $5.05 per copy or extract.
This fee is doubled for a copy or extract certified by the registrar.
9. Despite sections 6 and 8, no fee is payable for the issue of a statement or copy certified by the registrar in respect of a list contained in the register or in an application, if a regulation under article 3024 of the Civil Code provides that the list can not be accessed for examination by the means provided for in the regulation.
10. The fee for any other certificate is $5.05, unless the law expressly provides that no fee or a different set fee is payable.
11. A fee of $5.05 per document is added to the fees set in sections 6, 7 and 8 when a statement, copy or extract is sent by fax.
12. The fee for the issue of statistical reports is $1.75 per second of computer time, but may not be less than $101.00.
13. The fee for searching by name in the register is $8.10 per name or, in the case of a natural person’s name, $8.10 per name coupled with a given date of birth.
14. The fee for searching by road vehicle identification number in the register is $3 per number.
15. The fee for consulting a specific entry in the register using the number of the entry or the form number of the related application is $3 per number.
16. The fee for searching by name in the list of addresses is $3 per name or, in the case of a natural person’s name, $3 per name coupled with a given date of birth.
The fee for searching by notice of address number in the list of addresses is $3 per number.
17. The fees payable under sections 13 to 16 are increased by $3 per name or per number when the register or the list of addresses is consulted by telephone.
18. The fees payable under this Tariff are adjusted in accordance with section 83.3 of the Financial Administration Act (chapter A-6.001). However, a fee is not adjusted if it was set in the preceding year or was increased in the preceding year otherwise than under that section.
Adjusted amounts are rounded down to the nearest dollar if they include a dollar fraction that is less than $0.50, or up to the nearest dollar if they include a dollar fraction that is equal to or greater than $0.50. The application of this rounding rule may not operate to decrease a fee to below its pre-adjustment level.
If an adjusted amount cannot be rounded up to the nearest dollar, the annual adjustments are deferred and accumulated until the fee payable includes a dollar fraction that is equal to or greater than $0.50.
The Minister publishes the results of the adjustment in the Gazette officielle du Québec.