272. A public institution may accept financial or material assistance from any foundation or legal person that solicits funds or gifts from the public in the field of health care or social services for any of the following purposes:
(1) the purchase, construction, renovation, improvement, enlargement or development of immovable property used or to be used by the institution;
(2) the purchase, installation, improvement or replacement of furnishings, equipment or machinery of the institution;
(3) the research activities of the institution;
(4) the improvement of the quality of life of the users of the institution;
(5) the training and development of the human resources of the institution for specific needs.
Before accepting such assistance, the institution must submit its project to the regional board for assessment and approval in the following cases:
(1) where the assistance is intended to finance a project for which the prior authorization of the Conseil du trésor, the Minister or the regional board is required under this Act;
(2) where the immediate or foreseeable effect of the project is to increase the amount of the annual operating or capitalization expenditures of the institution;
(3) where, regardless of the amount of assistance, the utilization sought lies outside the scope of the activities of the institution as defined in the regional services organization plans prepared by the regional board;
(4) (subparagraph repealed).
The application must be accompagnied with such documents and contain such information as are determined by the regional board.
After having assessed the relevance and the financial viability of the project, and after having ascertained that the foundation or legal person has the financial potential to honour its commitments, the regional board shall notify the institution of the eligibility of the project or of the requirements for its approval.
However, the regional board may accept a project referred to in subparagraph 2 of the second paragraph only if the institution shows that the extra cost can be borne without a budgetary adjustment or a special subsidy from the regional board or the Minister.
1991, c. 42, s. 272; 1996, c. 36, s. 51; 1998, c. 39, s. 90.