2.The measures introduced by this Act for the Montréal metropolitan area are aimed, in particular, at
(1) defining a long-term, coherent vision for shared transportation services and for their improvement and development;
(2) ensuring adequate and optimal planning of those services by coordinating them and fostering best practices, in particular by taking into account the principles of sustainable development, in order to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the various transit systems;
(3) fostering and simplifying access to the various user services, including those for mobility impaired persons, by focusing on transit intermodality and ensuring fare integration;
(4) facilitating collaboration and cohesion between the various shared transportation stakeholders and the local municipalities; and
(5) fostering the reduction of the carbon footprint.