3.0.4. The members of the board of directors, or of the entity acting as such, of every body referred to below must establish a code of ethics and professional conduct which is applicable to them:
(1) every educational institution at the university level referred to in paragraphs 1 to 11 of section 1 of the Act respecting educational institutions at the university level (chapter E-14.1);
(2) every general and vocational college established under the General and Vocational Colleges Act (chapter C-29);
(3) every private institution accredited for the purposes of subsidies under the Act respecting private education (chapter E-9.1);
(4) every other educational institution more than half of whose operating expenses are paid out of appropriations appearing in the budget estimates tabled in the National Assembly;
(5) every public or private institution that is a party to an agreement and every regional board referred to in the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2);
(6) the regional council established under the Act respecting health services and social services for Cree Native persons (chapter S-5).
The code shall set out the duties and obligations of the persons to which it applies, and may prescribe standards that vary according to the various classes of persons to which they apply or that apply only to certain classes of persons. The code must, among other things,
(1) include preventive measures, in particular rules for the disclosure of interests;
(2) deal with the identification of situations of conflict of interests;
(3) regulate or prohibit practices relating to remuneration;
(4) specify the duties and obligations of persons even after they leave office;
(5) include enforcement mechanisms, in particular the designation of the persons charged with the enforcement of the code and provide for penalties.
The institution, college, board or council must ensure public access to the code, and publish it in its annual report.
The annual report shall, in addition, state the number of cases dealt with and the follow-up thereon and set out any breaches determined during the year by the disciplinary authorities, the determination thereof, any penalties imposed by the competent authorities and the names of any persons revoked or suspended during the year.