51. The registrar shall refuse a notice of staking
(1) where it is not received within the time prescribed;
(2) where the land has been staked without the Minister’s authorization as required by section 32 or 33 or the second paragraph of section 42;
(3) where the notice relates to a parcel of land that has been staked in contravention of section 29, 30, 30.1, 35 or 38 or the second paragraph of section 40;
(4) where the tags used were outdated on the date of staking;
(5) where the staker staked without a prospecting licence as required by section 20;
(6) where it does not meet the requirements of section 48.
The registrar shall also refuse a notice of staking that relates to a parcel of land that has been staked in contravention of the first paragraph of section 28 except if, less than six months before the staking, the land staked formed part of the territory in which claims could be obtained by staking. However, in that case, the notice of staking shall be deemed to be a notice of map designation for the purposes of this Act.
1987, c. 64, s. 51; 1988, c. 9, s. 9; 1998, c. 24, s. 28; 2013, c. 32, s. 24.