164. A person exploring for or producing petroleum or natural gas or exploring for or operating an underground reservoir may discontinue operations in respect of a well at any time provided
(1) he applies therefor in writing to the Minister;
(1.1) he pays the fee prescribed by regulation;
(2) he has met the requirements relating to the closing of a well prescribed by regulation;
(3) he has obtained the authorization of the Minister, granted after consultation with the Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks;
(4) he has registered, in the registry office, a declaration of the existence and location of the closed well. The declaration shall be registered in the register of real rights of State resource development and, where applicable, in the file relating to the immovable affected by the well, either in the index of immovables or in the register of public service networks and immovables situated in territory without a cadastral survey.