L-7 - Act to combat poverty and social exclusion
6. The goals of the national strategy are
(1) to promote respect for and protection of the dignity of persons living in poverty and combat prejudices in their regard ;
(2) to improve the economic and social situation of persons and families living in poverty and social exclusion ;
(3) to reduce the inequalities that may be detrimental to social cohesion ;
(4) to encourage persons and families living in poverty to participate in community life and social development ;
(5) to develop and reinforce the sense of solidarity throughout Québec so that society as a whole may participate in the fight against poverty and social exclusion.