12. A minister may, jointly with the minister responsible for the administration of this Act, verify compliance with the measures set out in this Act within a body listed in Schedule I or with a person referred to in paragraph 11 of Schedule III that is under his or her responsibility or jurisdiction. A minister may also designate, in writing, a person to conduct such verification. At the request of the minister concerned or the designated person, the body or the person being verified must send or otherwise make available to the minister or designated person all documents and information the minister or designated person considers necessary to conduct the verification.
The minister concerned may, in writing and within the time he or she specifies, require the body or the person to take corrective measures, conduct any appropriate follow-up and comply with any other measure, including oversight and support measures.
For the purposes of this section, the following bodies and persons, among others, are under the jurisdiction of the following ministers:
(1) the bodies listed in paragraph 5 of Schedule I: the Minister of Municipal Affairs, Regions and Land Occupancy;
(2) the bodies listed in paragraph 6 of Schedule I: the Minister of Transport;
(3) the bodies listed in paragraphs 7 and 12 of Schedule I: the Minister of Education, Recreation and Sports or, as applicable, the Minister of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology, according to their respective responsibilities;
(4) the bodies listed in paragraphs 8 and 13 of Schedule I: the Minister of Health and Social Services; and
(5) the bodies listed in paragraph 11 of Schedule I and the person referred to in paragraph 11 of Schedule III: the Minister of Families, Seniors and the Status of Women.
This section does not apply to the parliamentary institutions and judicial institutions referred to in subparagraph 1 or 3 of the second paragraph of section 3.