49. The renewal of a term of office shall be examined according to the procedure established by government regulation. The regulation may, in particular,
(1) authorize the establishment of committees;
(2) fix the composition of the committees and the mode of appointment of committee members, who shall neither belong to nor represent the Administration within the meaning of the Public Administration Act (chapter A-6.01);
(3) determine the criteria to be taken into account by the committees;
(4) determine the information a committee may require from a member and the consultations it may hold.
An examination committee may not make a recommendation against the renewal of a member’s term of office without first having informed the member of its intention to make such a recommendation and of the reasons therefor and without having given the member the opportunity to present observations.
No judicial proceedings may be brought against members of an examination committee for any act done in good faith in the performance of their duties.
1996, c. 54, s. 49; 2002, c. 22, s. 4.