40.1. The orientation committee shall give its opinion on any matters submitted by the Conservatoire concerning the institution’s policy directions and the organization of the services it offers.
The orientation committee must be consulted by the Conservatoire concerning
(1) the appointment of the principal of the institution;
(2) the terms governing implementation of the education regulations at the institution;
(3) the terms governing the organization of instruction at the institution;
(4) draft by-laws concerning the conduct and discipline of students; and
(5) the budget allotted to the institution.
The orientation committee may also, on its own initiative, advise the Conservatoire. Its recommendations may concern, in particular,
(1) the objectives to be achieved in initial training in the field of music;
(2) the adequacy of the training offered, taking into account labour market prospects for holders of diplomas, regional needs as regards music and dramatic art, and the presence and vitality of bodies essential to the world of music and dramatic art;
(3) measures to improve the services provided by the institution;
(4) in collaboration with schools, means to more accurately identify and to encourage students with remarkable talent; and
(5) measures to encourage philanthropic endeavours benefiting the institution and its current students and recent graduates.