66. For the purposes of this Act, the Minister may authorize a public servant to conduct an inspection.
The public servant authorized for that purpose by the Minister may, in exercising inspection functions,
(1) have access at any reasonable time to a place, other than a dwelling-house, where activities are carried on on land governed by this Act for the purposes of an inspection;
(2) record the state of a place or of property that is part of an area or natural setting governed by this Act by any appropriate means;
(2.1) collect samples, take measurements, conduct tests or perform analyses;
(2.2) carry out any necessary excavation or drilling;
(2.3) install measuring apparatus;
(3) enter on and pass over private land; and
(4) require, for examination or reproduction, any information or document pertaining to the application of this Act.
The owner of or person responsible for premises being inspected, and any other person on the premises, are bound to lend assistance to the public servant.
2002, c. 74, s. 66; 2021, c. 1, s. 37112021, c. 1, s. 3712a2021, c. 1, s. 3712b2021, c. 1, s. 3712c2021, c. 1, s. 3712d2021, c. 1, s. 3713.