C-25.01 - Code of Civil Procedure

Full text
556. The court clerk informs the parties at the earliest opportunity that they may at no additional cost submit their dispute to mediation. If the parties consent to mediation, they may request the court clerk to refer them to the mediation service. In that case, the mediation session is presided over by a lawyer or a notary, certified as a mediator by their professional order.
The mediator files a report with the court office giving an account of the facts, the parties’ positions and the points of law raised.
If the parties reach a settlement, they file with the court office either a notice that the case has been settled or the signed settlement agreement. A settlement agreement confirmed by the special clerk or the court is equivalent to a judgment.
2014, c. 1, a. 556.