386. A federation promotes the development of its member mutual companies and supports them in their insurer activities, thereby facilitating their compliance with their obligations.
For that purpose, the federation
(1) defines the objectives of the financial group and coordinates its activities;
(2) to the extent provided by this Act, supervises and controls the member companies and the partnerships and legal persons that are controlled by them;
(3) administers a guarantee fund; and
(4) provides services to the member companies and their mutual members as well as to the partnerships or legal persons belonging to the financial group.
In addition, a federation promotes mutuality.