81. Excavation work performed as part of a project to explore for mineral substances is exempted from authorization pursuant to this Chapter on the following conditions:
(1) the stripping of bedrock or removal of non-consolidated deposits affects an area of less than 10,000 m2;
(2) less than 500 tonnes of mineral substances are extracted or removed for geological or geochemical sampling;
(3) no accumulation area for mine tailings is laid out;
(4) the non-consolidated deposits removed are deposited at a distance of 30 m or more from any wetland or body of water;
(5) the materials excavated contain no asbestos.
To calculate the areas and volumes mentioned in the first paragraph, the reference unit is the area of the claim. However, if the work is not carried out on a claim, the reference unit is a radius of 1 km from the closest stripped or excavated zone.