6. In assessing the training equivalence of a candidate, the following factors are taken into particular account:
(1) the nature and duration of the candidate’s work experience;
(2) the fact that the candidate holds one or more post-secondary diplomas awarded in Québec or elsewhere;
(3) the nature, content and duration of courses taken and the results obtained;
(4) training periods in the field of eye and vision care and other continuing training or upgrading activities; and
(5) the total number of years of schooling.
To complete the assessment of the level of knowledge and skills, the candidate may be required to come to an interview, sit for an examination or undergo a training period, or to satisfy any combination of those conditions.