N-3, r. 2 - Code of ethics of notaries
26. A notary must cease to render professional services where he has serious cause, in particular, where
(1) there is a loss of confidence between the notary and the client;
(2) his professional independence could be called into question;
(3) he is induced to perform illegal or fraudulent acts;
(4) he has reasonable grounds to suspect that he is assisting or may assist in the commission of an illegal or fraudulent act.
O.C. 921-2002, s. 26; O.C. 1093-2005, s. 5; O.C. 58-2012, s. 1.