I-8, r. 3 - Regulation respecting certain professional activities which may be engaged in by nursing assistants
2. Nursing assistants may perform the following professional activities:
(1) provide maintenance care of a tracheostomy connected to a ventilator, when the parameters of the ventilator are regulated;
(2) open a device incorporated into the ventilation circuit in order to administer a metered-dose inhaler;
(3) ventilate using a manual, self-inflating resuscitator, whether connected to an oxygen source or not;
(4) reinstall the tracheal cannula in case of decannulation, in emergency situations, and in the absence of an authorized professional available to perform an immediate intervention.