PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES WHICH CANNOT BE PERFORMED BY A CANDIDATE FOR THE PROFESSION OF NURSING (CPN)
(1) Assess the physical and mental condition of a symptomatic person in a family medicine group (FMG), a family medicine unit, a private medical clinic, a triage situation, an ambulatory clinic or in providing common services.
(2) Provide clinical monitoring of the condition of the following persons, including the following:
(2.1) a person about to give birth who is undergoing monitoring in the case of a high-risk pregnancy;
(2.2) a person who is in shock, a person with mulitrauma or a person who needs to be resuscitated in an emergency service or department;
(2.3) a person undergoing hemodynamic monitoring through the insertion of catheters in the vascular system for the purpose of checking cardiac function, blood volume and blood circulation.
(3) Initiate diagnostic and therapeutic measures, according to a prescription.
(4) Initiate diagnostic measures for the purpose of a screening operation under the Public Health Act (chapter S-2.2).
(5) Determine the treatment plan for wounds and alterations of the skin and integuments.
(6) Perform vaccinations as part of a vaccination operation under the Public Health Act.
(7) Make decisions as to the use of restraint measures.
(8) Adjust the therapeutic nursing plan for all the above activities.