197. Every person is guilty of an offence who in any manner not specified in section 196 makes a misrepresentation
(1) in respect of a transaction in a security;
(2) in the course of soliciting proxies or sending a circular to security holders;
(3) in the course of a take-over bid or an issuer bid;
(4) (subparagraph repealed);
(5) in any document forwarded or record kept by any person pursuant to this Act.
For the purposes of this section, a misrepresentation is any misleading information on a fact that is likely to affect the decision of a reasonable investor as well as any pure and simple omission of such a fact.
1982, c. 48, s. 197; 2002, c. 45, s. 696; 2004, c. 37, s. 90; 2006, c. 50, s. 62; 2011, c. 26, s. 75.