63. Any regional authority intending to exercise for the first time a regulatory power relating to transportation by taxi shall
(1) adopt a resolution to that effect;
(2) cause a notice of adoption of the resolution to be published in a newspaper circulated in its territory within 10 days of its adoption;
(3) pass a by-law respecting transportation by taxi within 180 days of the publication; and
(4) inform the Commission des transports du Québec of the passing of the by-law within 10 days of its passing.
The rules on the passing and coming into force of the by-law are the rules prescribed by the Municipal Code (chapter C-27.1) for any by-law of a regional county municipality, in the case of such a municipality, and by the Act under which it is established in the case of an urban community.
1983, c. 46, s. 63; 1990, c. 85, s. 122; 1996, c. 2, s. 966.