67. Any person authorized to act as an inspector may, in the performance of duties, to ascertain compliance with this Act and the regulations,
(1) enter, at any reasonable time, the establishment of a holder of a taxi owner’s permit, of a holder of a taxi transportation service intermediary’s permit, of an organization, of a non-profit legal person or of an enterprise referred to in section 2 and inspect the establishment;
(2) examine and make copies of the books, registers, accounts, records and other documents containing information related to the activities of a person referred to in subparagraph 1;
(3) stop an automobile used on a public highway if the person has reasonable grounds to believe that the automobile is being used to provide passenger transportation that is subject to this Act, inspect it and examine any document and report relating to the application of this Act and the regulations;
(4) require that any contract made under this Act be communicated for examination;
(5) require any information relating to the application of this Act and the regulations and the production of any relevant document.
Any person having custody, possession or control of such books, registers, accounts, records, contracts and other documents shall, if so required, give access thereto to the person making the inspection and facilitate the person’s examination thereof.
2001, c. 15, s. 67; 2009, c. 17, s. 10; 2016, c. 22, s. 2311.