26. No person may obtain, maintain or renew a taxi driver’s permit
(1) unless the person passes an examination on the knowledge required, the formalities, procedures, and content of which shall be established by the Société or, where applicable, by a municipal or supramunicipal authority, and that will serve to allow the person to obtain any subsequent renewal of his or her taxi driver’s permit;
(2) if the person has been convicted, in the last five years, of a criminal offence or an indictable offence committed in connection with the operation of a service of transportation by taxi;
(3) if the person has been convicted, in the last five years, of an indictable or criminal offence which is connected with the aptitudes and conduct required to carry on the occupation of taxi driver;
(4) if the person has been convicted, in the last five years, of a criminal offence or an indictable offence related to the traffic of narcotics, their importation or exportation as well as poppy and cannabis production, and provided for as the case may be in sections 5, 6 and 7 of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Statutes of Canada, 1996, chapter 19); and
(5) unless the person pays the annual duties and satisfies the other conditions prescribed by regulation.