184. The corrections council shall be composed of 18 members including
(1) a chair appointed by the Minister;
(2) twelve persons recognized for their expertise or interest in the correctional system, appointed by the Minister after consultation with the groups concerned;
(3) the Associate Deputy Minister for Correctional Services or his or her representative;
(4) three members of the managerial personnel of the correctional services, appointed by the Minister; and
(5) the chair of the Commission québécoise des libérations conditionnelles or his or her representative.
The chair of the corrections council shall be appointed for a term not exceeding five years.
The persons referred to in subparagraphs 2 and 4 of the first paragraph shall be appointed for a term not exceeding three years. However, five members of the first council shall be appointed for one year, five members for two years and five members for three years.
The term of a member may not be renewed more than once. At the end of their terms, the members shall remain in office until they are replaced or reappointed.