171. The Authority must prepare a report on the reasons for granting or denying the application to become regulated by this Title in which it assesses consumer interest and the impact of the decision on the relevant markets in Québec.
The report must cover such matters as
(1) the nature and scope of the financial means gathered for the ongoing financial support of the business corporation;
(2) if applicable, the grounds for disqualification for office as director of a regulated corporation that exist with respect to a director of, or a holder of a significant interest in, the applicant;
(3) the quality and feasibility of the business plan and the financial forecasts for the carrying on and development of the corporation’s activities;
(4) the compliance of the corporation’s proposed name with this Act.
The report must also assess the competency and experience of the corporation’s directors and officers.