25. The Régie shall hold a public hearing
(1) when examining an application under section 48, 65, 78 or 80;
(2) when determining the elements making up operating costs and determining an amount pursuant to section 59;
(2.1) (subparagraph repealed);
(3) when so required by the Minister, on any energy matter;
(4) when establishing the performance-based regulation provided for in section 48.1.
The Régie may, if it considers it necessary, call a public hearing when examining the energy transition, innovation and efficiency master plan in accordance with section 85.41. The Régie may also call a public hearing on any matter within its jurisdiction.
It may also, before a public hearing is held, provide for public information and consultation sessions to be held.
1996, c. 61, s. 25; 2006, c. 46, s. 31; 2011, c. 16, Sch. II, s. 46; 2013, c. 16, s. 1; 2016, c. 35, ss. 1 and 5.