1. In this act, unless the context otherwise requires, the expression:
(1) “territorial division” means any judicial district, electoral district, county municipality, city, town, village municipality, parish municipality, township municipality or other judicial division or place;
(2) “court” in the provisions of Part II of this act relating to appeal, or to the stating or signing of a case, means and includes the Superior Court;
(3) “district” or “electoral district” includes any territorial or judicial division or place in and for which there is such justice of the peace, officer or house of detention as is mentioned in the context;
(4) “house of detention” , for the purposes of this act, means any place, other than a penitentiary, in which persons charged with offences are usually kept and detained in custody and, in the case of a person under 18 years of age, a reception centre in which such person is placed in custody;
(5) “justices of the peace” includes also, for the purposes of this act, judges of the sessions, judges of the Provincial Court, judges of the Youth Court and municipal judges.