18. The governing board of the school shall be composed of 15 members.
The following are permanent members:
(1) the Deputy Minister of Public Security or the Deputy Minister’s representative;
(2) the Director General of the Sûreté du Québec or the Director General’s representative;
(3) the director of the police department of Ville de Montréal or the director’s representative;
(4) the executive director of the school;
(5) a member of the personnel of the Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche, de la Science et de la Technologie, designated by the Deputy Minister.
The following members shall be appointed by the Government for a term of two years:
(1) the director of a municipal police force, after consultation with the association representing Québec police force directors;
(2) three elected municipal officers, after consultation with the bodies representing municipalities;
(3) three persons from associations representing police officers, after consultation with the associations;
(4) three persons from socio-economic groups.
At the end of their terms, the non-permanent members shall remain in office until replaced or reappointed. Any vacancy occurring before the end of a term shall be filled for the remainder of that term.
2000, c. 12, s. 18; 2001, c. 19, s. 15; 2000, c. 56, s. 219; 2005, c. 28, s. 195; 2013, c. 28, s. 201.