7.0.1. As Minister responsible for housing, the functions and powers of the Minister shall particularly consist in
(1) carrying out or causing to be carried out research, studies, inquiries or inventories on the housing needs and housing conditions of the population;
(2) establishing, in co-operation with the departments, governmental or municipal bodies, groups or individuals concerned, the needs, priorities and goals for all housing sectors in Québec;
(3) promoting the improvement of housing conditions and citizens’ access to home ownership by any means he may deem proper, including the establishment of financial assistance programs for housing;
(4) fostering the development and implementation of programs for the construction, acquisition, fitting up, restoration and administration of housing;
(5) stimulating the development and coordination of public and private initiatives in the field of housing.