40. Each regional council shall include the following members appointed by the Minister:
(1) six members representing labour, appointed on the recommendation of representative employee associations in the region;
(2) six members representing business and industry, appointed on the recommendation of representative employers’ associations in the region;
(3) six members, two appointed after consultation with community organizations working in the region in the areas of workforce and employment and four from the education sector, including one from a school service centre or a school board and one from a college-level institution, appointed after consultation with bodies in the fields concerned;
(4) one member who is representative of the reality of the region’s local development, appointed after consultation with the members referred to in subparagraphs 1 to 3.
The appointments must tend toward gender parity.
A regional representative of the department, designated by the Deputy Minister from among the management personnel, shall also be a member of the regional council and shall act as secretary.
The following persons shall also be members of the regional council, but without the right to vote:
(1) a representative of the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport and of the Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche, de la Science et de la Technologie designated jointly by the Deputy Minister of each of those departments;
(2) the regional director of the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation or a regional representative of that department designated by the Deputy Minister of that department; and
(3) the regional director of the Commission de la construction du Québec or a representative designated by the regional director.
1997, c. 63, s. 40; 1997, c. 91, s. 59; 1999, c. 8, s. 20; 2003, c. 29, s. 152; 2005, c. 28, s. 195; 2006, c. 8, s. 31; 2007, c. 3, s. 45, s. 72; 2016, c. 25, s. 1911; 2019, c. 29, s. 1; 2020, c. 1, s. 310113.