3. The Minister shall draw up policies and measures in the areas under his authority and propose them to the Government, primarily in order to
(1) facilitate the employment of available workforce;
(2) promote the development of workforce;
(3) improve the supply of workforce and influence the demand for workforce, in order to facilitate a balance between workforce supply and demand in the labour market;
(4) ensure an acceptable standard of living for every person and every family.
The strategies and objectives in the area of workforce and employment shall be defined in collaboration with the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail.
The Minister shall see to the implementation of policies and measures and shall oversee and coordinate their application.
The Minister shall also be responsible for the administration of the Acts assigned to his responsibility, and shall exercise every other function assigned to him by the Government.
1997, c. 63, s. 3; 2007, c. 3, s. 72.