9. The Commissioner has the following functions:
(1) to receive, record and examine disclosures of wrongdoings for the purpose of providing appropriate follow-up action;
(2) to act as director of the police force formed under section 8.4;
(3) to order investigations, on the Commissioner’s own initiative, in order to detect the commission of wrongdoings;
(4) to make recommendations to the Chair of the Conseil du trésor and to the Minister of Municipal Affairs, Regions and Land Occupancy concerning any measure with respect to the awarding of contracts whose conditions are determined by an Act under their administration;
(5) to make recommendations to the Minister and to any body or person belonging to the public sector on any measure to prevent and to fight corruption; and
(6) to assume an educative and preventive role in the fight against corruption.
The Commissioner may also conduct or assign any investigation or any further investigation requested by the Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions.
In addition, the Commissioner exercises all other functions assigned by the Government or the Minister.
2011, c. 17, s. 9; 2018, c. 1, s. 81.