36.1. Nurses may, if they are so authorized by regulations under subparagraph b of the first paragraph of section 19 of the Medical Act (chapter M-9) and under paragraph f of section 14 of this Act, engage in one or more of the following activities referred to in the second paragraph of section 31 of the Medical Act:
(1) prescribing diagnostic examinations;
(2) using diagnostic techniques that are invasive or entail risks of injury;
(3) prescribing medications and other substances;
(4) prescribing medical treatment; and
(5) using techniques or applying medical treatments that are invasive or entail risks of injury.