24.Only the following legal persons may obtain the Authority’s authorization:
(1) insurers authorized under the Insurers Act (chapter A-32.1) other than a self-regulatory organization, a reciprocal union or Lloyd’s;
(2) financial services cooperatives within the meaning of the Act respecting financial services cooperatives (chapter C-67.3);
(3) trust companies authorized under the Trust Companies and Savings Companies Act (chapter S-29.02);
(4) business corporations regulated by Title III of the Trust Companies and Savings Companies Act that are not authorized, under that Act, to carry on the activities of a trust company;
(5) cooperatives established under the laws of a jurisdiction other than Québec and whose mission is similar to that of a financial services cooperative covered by an agreement under section 56.2;
(6) legal persons, other than cooperatives referred to in subparagraph 5, established under the laws of a jurisdiction other than Québec and that have the capacity to receive deposits of money from the public; and
(7) other legal persons constituted under an Act of Québec determined by regulation, except cooperatives within the meaning of the Cooperatives Act (chapter C-67.2).
To obtain the Authority’s authorization, the legal persons referred to in subparagraphs 4 to 7 of the first paragraph must hold at least $5,000,000 in capital.
1966-67, c. 73, s. 24; 2018, c. 232018, c. 23, s. 3521.