17. To achieve its objects, the institute may, among other activities,
(1) manage and operate hotel and restaurant establishments for educational purposes;
(2) offer consulting, management and research services in the fields of hotel management, restauration and tourism;
(3) enter into an affiliation agreement with any educational institution of university level, if so authorized by the Minister of Higher Education and Science;
(4) enter into agreements with any person or body and, according to law, with any government other than that of Québec, with a department of such a government, with an international organization or with an agency of such a government or such an organization for the purpose of carrying out the functions of the institute.
Every agreement entered into by the institute and a school board, a general and vocational college or an educational institution governed by the Act respecting private education (chapter E-9.1) for the purpose of providing vocational instruction at the secondary or college level in the fields of hotel management, restauration or tourism, requires the authorization of the Minister of Education or the Minister of Higher Education and Science, as the case may be.
1988, c. 11, s. 17; 1992, c. 68, s. 156.