108.1. In addition to the powers and duties otherwise conferred on the chair of the Commission, the chair is responsible for the management and administration of the Commission.
The functions of the chair include
(1) fostering the participation of the members in the formulation of general directions for the Commission so as to maintain a high level of quality and coherence in its decisions;
(2) coordinating the activities of and assigning work to the members of the Commission, who, in that respect, must comply with the chair’s orders and directives;
(3) seeing that standards of ethical conduct are observed;
(4) promoting professional development of the members as regards the exercise of their functions; and
(5) determining the cases where an appeal must be heard by more than one member.