118.80. Urban agglomeration expenditures are apportioned among the related municipalities in proportion to their respective fiscal potentials established according to the rules prescribed by the Minister of Municipal Affairs, Regions and Land Occupancy.
However, the urban agglomeration council may provide, by a by-law subject to the right of objection under section 115,
(1) that a related municipality not contribute to the payment of part of the urban agglomeration expenditures; or
(2) that all or part of the urban agglomeration expenditures be apportioned according to another criterion, or to a change in an element of the criterion, provided the new criterion or the change in an element of the criterion complies with the rules prescribed by the Minister of Municipal Affairs, Regions and Land Occupancy.
The first and second paragraphs apply subject to sections 39 and 44 of chapter 19 of the statutes of 2008 and the following sections of Order in Council 1229-2005 dated 8 December 2005, concerning the urban agglomeration of Montréal:
(1) section 57, as amended by section 86 of Order in Council 1003-2006 dated 2 November 2006 and by section 30 of chapter 19 of the statutes of 2008;
(2) section 64, as amended by section 32 of chapter 19 of the statutes of 2008;
(3) section 68, as replaced by section 34 of chapter 19 of the statutes of 2008.
The first and second paragraphs also apply subject to any decision of an urban agglomeration council on the financing of work mentioned in paragraph 5 of section 23; the decision must be approved by the Minister to have effect.
2008, c. 19, s. 18; 2009, c. 26, s. 109.