58. A person who, on 1 September of the calendar year in which a general election is to be held, is an elector in several capacities shall be registered in only one capacity according to the following order of preference:
(1) as a domiciled person;
(2) as the sole owner of an immovable;
(3) as the sole occupant of a business establishment;
(4) as an undivided co-owner of an immovable;
(5) as a co-occupant of a business establishment.
Where several immovables are contemplated in subparagraph 2 or 4 of the first paragraph, the immovable with the highest property value shall be the immovable considered. Where several business establishments are contemplated in subparagraph 3 or 5 of the said paragraph, the business establishment with the highest rental value shall be the business establishment considered.
1987, c. 57, s. 58; 1999, c. 40, s. 114; 2009, c. 11, s. 84.