383. In no case may an official representative, his delegate, an official agent or his deputy be a person who
(1) is not an elector of the municipality;
(2) is a candidate for the office of member of the council of the municipality;
(3) is the leader of a party carrying on its activities in the territory of the municipality;
(4) is an election officer of the municipality or an employee of such an election officer;
(5) is an officer or employee of the municipality or of a mandatary body of the municipality referred to in paragraph 1 or 2 of section 307;
(6) is the chief electoral officer or a member of his personnel;
(7) is convicted of an offence that is a corrupt electoral practice within the meaning of section 645 or the Election Act (chapter E-3.3).
Disqualification under subparagraph 7 of the first paragraph shall continue for five years from the day on which the judgment convicting the person becomes a res judicata.
1987, c. 57, s. 383; 1989, c. 1, s. 600; 1990, c. 4, s. 408; 2002, c. 37, s. 180.