238. After examining all the ballot papers placed in the ballot box, the deputy returning officer shall draw up a statement of votes indicating
(1) the number of ballot papers received from the returning officer;
(2) the number of ballot papers given in favour of each candidate;
(3) the number of ballot papers rejected in the counting of votes;
(4) the number of ballot papers cancelled and not placed in the ballot box;
(5) the number of unused ballot papers.
The statement must be drawn up separately for each office for which a poll was held at the polling station.
The deputy returning officer shall draw up a sufficient number of copies of the statement of votes to provide, in addition to his copy, a copy for the returning officer and for each representative assigned to the polling station.
1987, c. 57, s. 238; 2002, c. 37, s. 160.