8. Any natural person who undertakes to do work for remuneration under the direction or control of an employer is an employee, except
(1) a student who works during the school year in an establishment chosen by an educational institution under a program recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation which combines practical experience with academic training or a student who works in a field related to his field of study in the educational institution he is attending;
(2) a student employed for his vacation period;
(3) a trainee undergoing professional training recognized by law;
(4) a trainee under a vocational integration contract provided for in section 61 of the Act to secure the handicapped in the exercise of their rights (chapter E-20.1);
(5) a person who, while participating in a program to achieve entry on the labour market, is eligible for last resort assistance benefits under the Act respecting income security (chapter S-3.1.1) and in respect of whom the provisions concerning the minimum wage in the Act respecting labour standards (chapter N-1.1) do not apply;
(6) a senior management officer;
(7) a police officer or a fire fighter.