57. The board of directors may suspend or expel a member
(1) if he is not a user of the cooperative’s services;
(1.1) if he no longer is capable of actually being a user of the cooperative’s services;
(2) if he does not comply with the by-laws of the cooperative;
(3) if he has not paid for his qualifying shares in accordance with the terms and conditions prescribed in the by-laws;
(4) if he is dispossessed of his qualifying shares;
(5) if he does not carry out his engagements with the cooperative;
(6) if, for one fiscal year, he has neglected to do the amount of business with the cooperative determined by by-law;
(7) if he carries on any activity in competition with the cooperative.
However, the board of directors may not suspend or expel a member who is a director before he has been dismissed from his position as director.
1982, c. 26, s. 57; 1995, c. 67, s. 37; 2003, c. 18, s. 33.